Friday, June 4, 2010

I feel compelled to eat animals that hop

I ate rabbit in LONDON and there was hell to pay when I got home.
Why?
Well, 11-year-old ANNIKA doesn't want me eating cute animals.
So, I'm not going to tell her that I am going to try a low-fat, high-protein indigenous meat when visiting SYDNEY in August.
That's right. I plan on trying KANGAROO.
It would feel like an incomplete trip if I flew Down Under and failed to eat that particular delicacy.
Kangaroo meat has been exported from AUSTRALIA since 1959 -- mostly to Europe. Australian supermarkets stock various cuts of kangaroo, including fillets and steaks.
There's also something called a "kanga banga," which is a kangaroo sausage.
Will it taste like venison? Will it taste like beef?
I aim to find out. I just might not tell Annika about it.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a Bay Area native and former Oregon resident, now living in Iowa with my family. When it gets cold, I recall my high school days in Phoenix, Ariz. I am a music geek with a passion for funky jazz, obscure soul and early reggae. I love the Giants, the 49ers, Blazers and MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS. I am also a soccer fanatic who adores Leyton Orient and Sheffield Wednesday. I love Japanese cinema, especially the films of Seijun Suzuki and Ko Nakahira's "Kurutta Kajitsu."