Saturday, August 28, 2010

Here I go

I think I'm ready. I hope I'm ready.
I just have a few last-minute tasks before I can head for the airport -- beginning a lengthy journey to SYDNEY.
Of course, I didn't sleep very well last night. I tossed and turned and eventually woke up well before my alarm was set to ring.
No worries. I listened online as ST. GEORGE ILLAWARRA beat the NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS, 26-18, to seal the NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE'S minor premiership for the Dragons.
Hard to believe, but I'll be in the midst of rugby league territory when this journey concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a Bay Area native and former Oregon resident, now living in Iowa with my family. When it gets cold, I recall my high school days in Phoenix, Ariz. I am a music geek with a passion for funky jazz, obscure soul and early reggae. I love the Giants, the 49ers, Blazers and MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS. I am also a soccer fanatic who adores Leyton Orient and Sheffield Wednesday. I love Japanese cinema, especially the films of Seijun Suzuki and Ko Nakahira's "Kurutta Kajitsu."