Monday, August 30, 2010

Top 5 animals at Sydney's Taronga Zoo

My TOP FIVE ANIMALS at the world-class TARONGA ZOO.
1. TASMANIAN DEVILS -- Never stopped running around... Always seemed to be having fun... Terrifying when they open their fang-filled mouths to yawn.
2. GOLDEN PHEASANT -- Name doesn't do justice to this multicolored southeast Asian bird. A rainbow of colors.
3. FRESHWATER CROCODILE -- Appears so content with life. Probably because of the razor-sharp teeth.
4. BLACK-HEADED PYTHON -- Fun fact: The black head heats up quickly in the sun, helping their brains work quicker and more effectively.
5. LEOPARD SEALS -- The villains of every penguin film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a Bay Area native and former Oregon resident, now living in Iowa with my family. When it gets cold, I recall my high school days in Phoenix, Ariz. I am a music geek with a passion for funky jazz, obscure soul and early reggae. I love the Giants, the 49ers, Blazers and MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS. I am also a soccer fanatic who adores Leyton Orient and Sheffield Wednesday. I love Japanese cinema, especially the films of Seijun Suzuki and Ko Nakahira's "Kurutta Kajitsu."